Vocabulary diversity in TOEFL Speaking is like having a big basket filled with different kinds of fruits. Imagine you have a basket full of colorful and delicious fruits.
When you have good vocabulary diversity, it means you use many different kinds of words in your speech. It's like having a variety of fruits in your basket, such as apples, oranges, bananas, and grapes.
Using vocabulary diversity means you don't use the same word over and over again. It's like not eating only one kind of fruit all the time. Instead, you enjoy the different flavors and textures of various fruits.
Having a diverse vocabulary helps make your speech more interesting and expressive. It's like having a basket with a variety of fruits that make your taste buds happy.
So, when you speak in the TOEFL Speaking test, try to show vocabulary diversity. Use different words to describe things and express your ideas, just like enjoying different fruits from your basket. This will make your speech more engaging and show that you have a wide range of words at your disposal to communicate effectively.
|Dimension||Model||Construct||Impact on Overall||Definition|
|Vocabulary Diversity||Language Use||Vocabulary||Medium||How varied your vocabulary is (adverbs, adjectives, etc).|
Responses with a higher Vocabulary Diversity score (i.e. more parts of speech or word types) correlate mildly with high TOEFL Speaking scores.
For the Vocabulary Diversity dimension, there is a mild relationship between the types of words (e.g. adjectives and adverbs) in your response and your overall TOEFL Speaking score. To earn a high overall TOEFL Speaking score, you probably need to produce more diverse vocabulary than most other test takers.
- the Vocabulary Diversity for this response score is 76 (i.e. it is in the 76th percentile)
- 24% of all responses scored higher; 76% of all responses scored lower
- responses with a Vocabulary Diversity score above 73 are consistent with an overall TOEFL Speaking score in the Good range (i.e. 26-30 overall)
- responses with a Vocabulary Diversity score between 59 and 73 scored in the Fair and the Good ranges (i.e. where the blue/green bars overlap)
- the Impact of this dimension is 2/4, meaning there is a mild correlation between Vocabulary Diversity and your overall TOEFL Speaking score
#learnmore | #learnmore